Caregiving involves hard work and dedication day in and day out. But even the most demanding jobs give employees vacation days and holidays off in order to ensure quality work and keep up morale. Nevertheless, so many caregivers take it upon themselves to provide around-the-clock hands-on care with minimal respite.
Even though over 8 million Canadians provide unpaid care for a loved one, many family caregivers tend to feel isolated and alone. Some of this is due to burnout.
Caregiver burnout is a state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion caused by caring for others while neglecting one’s own health. It often sneaks up on you while you are busy – you guessed it, caring for loved ones.
Care at Home is here to help. Let our carers give you the respite you need to rest, recharge, and take a break for yourself. We will build a personal care plan to deliver the needed support, preserving the health of the whole family.
Our caregivers will take care of everything, to
provide the respite you need while you take a break.
• Companionship, personal care, trips to appointments, the grocery store, and the salon.
• Our carers are matched with clients to create the most therapeutic relationship possible – walks, gardening,
sports, and cooking can be shared together.
• Meals, medications, laundry, and housekeeping will be taken care of in your absence.
• We work with all supportive living facilities to enhance care, ensuring socialising and leisure needs are met.
• Dementia care is our specialty; our trained staff are committed to maintaining clients’ dignity and independence.